Mechanical Engineering involves design, development, analysis and manufacturing of a wide variety of mechanical components and machinery. The Mechanical Engineering curriculum is incredibly broad and diverse as it is central to many modern industries like aerospace, automobile, power generation, air conditioning etc.
Mechanical Engineer has an opportunity to work in wide range of engineering fields from initial research and development of product to manufacturing and marketing. Mechanical Engineers should have knowledge not only in their own specialized fields but also in interdisciplinary fields like 3-D Printing, Nanotechnology, Electric Vehicles, Robotics etc.
• D. Y. Patil Agriculture and Technical University offers four years fulltime degree course in Mechanical Engineering.
• The department is well known for its qualified and dedicated faculty, maintained academic standard, discipline and complete infrastructure facilities with modern labs.
• The department has developed and maintained good rapport with industry and R & D organizations.
• To enhance the knowledge and skills of the budding engineers department offers value added courses like Japanese/ German language course, ANSYS, CFD, Solid works etc.
The eligibility criteria to apply for B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering programme are as follows –
• The applicants must be 12th qualified from any recognized Board
• The applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsorily at the 12th level
• The applicants must have an aggregate score of 45% or more in the PCM subjects combined at the qualifying level